We all know our car needs regular oil changes and the occasional tune-up. We forget our heating system, one of the most important appliances in our home, also needs regular maintenance, at least annually. Filters should be changed regularly, pilot lights/ignition systems need to be checked, the interior and exterior need to be cleaned, etc. Maintaining your furnace system with regular checks and service is the best way to extend your furnace’s life and avoid a breakdown in the middle of a cold spell.
A central furnace heating system – gas, propane or electric – has a heater that produces warm air and uses a fan to push that warm air throughout the home or business through the ductwork, usually under the floor. The fan that pushes the warm air also pulls cool air through return ducts to the heater to be re-warmed.
Our service technicians at Spot Free HVAC have the training and experience to care for your heating system, whether in home or office. Our annual service includes:
- A comprehensive visual inspection of such major components as the furnace itself, the fuel line, flue pipe, main plenum, and ductwork.
- Confirmation the heating system vents properly to ensure no dangerous gases, such as carbon monoxide, are present and leaking into your home or business.
- Visual inspection of the furnace filter to ensure the correct type and size of the filter is installed and that it is reasonably clean and good condition. If the filter is the wrong type or size or is dirty, it is replaced.
- The furnace is cleaned of dust, carbon, soot and other combustion by-products.
- The blower motor is checked both visually and by listening while it runs to ensure it is working properly.
- A total system check that confirms the thermostat is functioning properly and warm air is being delivered through the ductwork.
Older heating systems can have lower efficiency ratings than today’s high-efficiency systems, as low as 56% compared to newer modern systems boasting 98.5% efficiency. Of every dollar spent on heating for an older system, up to 40% is wasted; whereas, of every dollar spent on heating for a new system, only 2% is lost at the very least.
Our qualified heating technicians can provide heating repairs for all brands and types of heating systems including central heating systems, gas furnaces, electric furnaces, and more. Our trained, experienced professional technicians can assist you, the residential or commercial customer, with all of your HVAC Services, needs.